Monday, March 30, 2009

Reality

My nephew A made me realise that i am powerless in sheltering him from the harsh reality of the world we live in. I can change the channel when a scene gets graphic, i can change the radio station when the music becomes too violent, but when the violence creeps into his life, his own little world of cartoons and smiles and big families that love him, i can't do anything about it but pray.
A: (laughter which suddenly stops and there is silence)
Sim: Hey what's up?
A: I'm sad
Sim: Why?
A: Jason's mummy and daddy were killed and now he has no parent
Sim: silence (what do i say to that, how do i comfort him?)
Yup, evil has found its way in and disrupted a classroom of laughter. I pray for the young children of Grade 2P especially Jason. I pray even more for his older sister who found her parents. And then i pray for Jamaica, as more blood continues to spill and the hurt and pain becomes even more unbearable. Keep safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home