It Hurts
Yesterday I watched the beautiful Opening Ceremony...
The Colours, the Vibe, the Energy was just great
But after a while i started reflecting on what was going on, everyone was showcasing various talents of the People of the West Indies.
Where else would you go to find great young talent but...The University Of The West Indies.
Then I saw them, friends from The University Singers...friends from The University Dance Society...friends from the UWI Chorale.
And even though I was not there, knew I couldn't have done the ungodly hours of preparation, i was proud to see them all there in the midst of history in the making...
Then it hit me...where was my other group...if asked would we have grabbed the opportunity thankfully or start hemming and hawing about who would be available.
Now that I am in more of a "if u need me" position, i understand how hard it can be to go to practices, but i can't understand the find a fault first attitude.
Recently I have realised a tendency to turn down great opportunities because "we can't" or "won't".
For those of u that say u would have jumped at the chance please remember our PRO asked about the Cricket village the other day...how many jumped at the opportunity?
It hurts...but...
Is this where i should be?
(Btw, i sent a message to Seeker this morning about how i was feeling only to learn he also blogged about it)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home