Instructions are sooo hard to follow
1. Working at Bustamante Hospital at the registration desk i found that not everyone may be able to follow what others may consider "simple instuctions". Ones such as "CASHIER - Please pay at this window". Why? It is much easier to pass this window, go to the registration window and ask where I should pay. OK so i have registered my child and the instructed me to sit on a pink bench. Why? I saw the doctor go down the passage so thats where i'll go. Of course that would probably mean my name will be called faster, right? OK so my child has seen the doctor and i have been instructed to come back Monday morning at 8. I arrive at 7 since my work starts at 8 and i figure i will get thru before 8. (Never mind the doctor probably also has work that STARTS at 8). I show up at the registration window, register then told to carry my child down the passage to wait on the doctor. Child? Was I supposed to bring my child with me for the review? So what if it is a Children's Hospital? What does that have to do with anything other than now i'm going to be late after waiting on the doctor to show up.
2. Now working at Jamaica Cancer Society i find the same thing happening. The women are informed as to how long they should expect to wait on their reports to be returned. Don't worry, u will be called when the Pap Smear results are ready. But why am i waiting? I paid my money, i should get it back tomorrow! So i will call continuously and find out what is taking so long. No one cares i might have Cancer!
In the mammography department u are instructed to "Wear a two-piece outfit". So I show up in TWO PIECES OF CLOTHING, sweating in our warm climate, apologising to the nurse that i really could not endure the heat so i left off the second skirt.
These instructions are just too confusing.

2 Comments:
Most persons don't ask why the instructions are laid out or done in a particular order. Not many persons are interested in explaining either. You should just follow the instruction.
I ask questions. They hate me. I should just follow blindly, but if I understand the process I'll understand why I must do things in that order... why I should wear a slip when going to minor ops....
Yes some things can be intuitively figured out. But I find it a delicate balance. Today I'll encounter someone who'd follow the instructions once they are explained and right after another who it makes no difference to them. Some who if you explain nicely they wait and others who you have to treat rough to get them to conform.
Ppl are so funny.
Common sense, reasoning, following simple directions...concepts to many. Sad sometimes, funny sometimes!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home