Sunday, November 18, 2007

JANELLE

Just Another Nubian Educated Laid-back Lady, Enigmatic While Humble Yet Too Exciting!!!
Janelle Whyte.
This was how she was described in our final yearbook. Yet someone saw it fit to cut her life short as if it meant nothing.
But this is not new. Everyday another family mourns the theft of another life. When will it all cease?
Again i am faced with the fear, not of me dying but of those around me, and as murder victims get closer and closer to my inner circle of friends and family i am crippled with the fear. A friend said when someone repays kindness with such an act there is no hope for Jamaica. Is this true? Should we just condemn JA and move on? Where would we go? JA is not the problem, we are..the people of the world. Our morality has become skewed. Our sense of justice and truth is struggling to shine beneath all the muck that has filled our minds.
The priest at the funeral yesterday stated that because Janelle and Taiwo were actually doing what Jesus would do, that is go and provide for others in need, they were given the treatment that Jesus received from us, his own people, many years ago and even now. Jesus was stoned, beaten and crucified and what did he do wrong? The brutality of the death of my dear friend Janelle is proof that this will all come to an end soon.
I used to say to myself give expecting nothing in return, but now that i have calmed down a bit (was a bit of a zombie this week) i say give knowing that there is a possiblity you will be repaid unkindly in this world, but definitely richly in the next. :)
Thank You God for the loan of one of your angels.

3 Comments:

At 5:10 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was saddened when I read that article. Senseless. Father God need fi come back fi 'im worl' before wi destroy wiself.

Like you, I've noticed death creeping closer and closer to my inner circle of colleagues and friends. Now, I'm preparing myself for anything, since it's coming closer to home. It's scary, but I'm determined to keep on looking to God for strength and support.

Take all the time you need to grieve. My condolences go out to Janelle's family and other friends.

 
At 5:41 am , Blogger bassChocolate said...

This story depresses me as well. Didn't realize she was your friend. So sorry. It's really a shame that we're now at the point that kindness is rewarded with savagery.

Ignorance... I can't stand the ignorance in this place.

 
At 3:42 pm , Blogger laroper18 said...

Truly sorry for you loss. And I agree with your sentiments. We need to realise that this world is wicked and evit and aim for higher heights!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home