Why I Don't Own a Gun
There is an establishment just behind my house, and hence directly behind my room, that goes under the guise of a car detailing place, but like most of these establishments, they offer a variety of attractions. Karaoke nights, Restaurant and Bar are among the variety. Of course between that noise and the noise of them bulding it has been a difficult couple of months while they get themselves established. But what took the cake, was last Wednesday night when I come home from school, tired ,but have a MILLION SLIDES of notes too read so very much on the edge, step into my room and i am greeted with an overly sweet smell bordering noxious. What is that? And why is it in my room? I then walk back through the house and realise that the smell is indeed there but just not as strong. Ask my father if he smells anything and of course he doesn't, so here i am smelling things. I go back to my room, set up my laptop, praise God that i hear no music...then i hear it. No, not music, SPRAYING! These people are SPRAYING CARS at 10 o'clock in the night, directly behind MY window, killing me slowly, altering the few brain cells i have left which are already not retaining anything! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I say this softly b/c this must be a dream and i actually don't want to wake my bro and nephew sleeping in the adjacent room. But wait ... my nephew...he will also be exposed to this...Geoff....is asthmatic....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I actually find myself spinning around for something and it is at that point i knew why it was i did not own a gun. My head nuh right. I actually thought of throwing something to hit the guy in his head. Anger begins to build up and i scream/shout out STOP!! My father comes around to the room and asks what's wrong. Now he smells it. He goes to the back and shouts to the guy to stop, and ask if he never realised that people live right there. Guy mumbles something but then says "Sorry Boss". I do not believe it. It will have to stop soon, they have always been disrespectful before to my neighbours and now what they are doing MUST be against the law. But sometimes it seems that law has no clout in this country. Some of my friends have guns because of the state JA is in right now, but i think its safer for those around me if i refuse to own one.

1 Comments:
You need to understand that people sometimes do things without thinking. Unfortunately I don't mean that as reactive behaviour. For Exhibit AB, AC, AD..., drive on J'ca roads for one day!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home