WHAT THE HELL?!?!
On Thursday evening, i headed towards the bus stop to make my way up to school for pan practice. I get on the bus and stand a little behind the driver. Two guys are standing at the door of the bus and having a big conversation with the driver. (i look up and notice a sign above their heads that states "Please do not speak to the driver" but i guess that was of no consequence). Throughout the journey i realise this driver looking to his left a few times with a weird look on his face. I think "ok it must be the convo". Then i realise what, or rather who, he is looking at. There is a girl standing across from me that looks as if she has just started 1st form, IF SHE IS THAT OLD!! He tries calling to the girl...Psst. I am in shock and a part of me still wants to think that he knows this girl and is just calling to her to get her attention, all innocent and everything. :S The girl does not look up. He reaches a stop light and proceeds to tear off a piece of a bus ticket and WRITE A NOTE TO THIS LITTLE GIRL!!! WHAT?!?!?! Something in me was about to snap and i probably would have taken something (like my shoe) and hit this driver across his face (I remember thinking that the glass was protecting him so i know how upset i was). I think what kept me sane was that the girl did not even look his way. (Yay a small victory for mankind). But my problem is what happens when he tries calling to a girl that will look up?
What happens when he promises the world to such a girl? Our children are being stalked!! It was sickening to witness this big ol' crufty bredda looking a girl that probably has not entered the teenage world as yet. When will this end??
-Upset, Sad, Confused, WORRIED

3 Comments:
Don't forget the sign that also says 'Do not stand beyond the red line.'
What can I say. It's a sad, perverted world we live in. One day last summer I jumped in a bus to Constant Spring, from Half Way Tree. As the bus was moving off a young girl stopped it and jumped in. She stood by the door, looked in, and immediately realized that the bus had ony men, about 10 of us (which I hadn't noticed at all). She jumped off and said 'Mi nah travel wid so much man.' Inside I applauded her sense of responsibility. One very calm looking man who sat across me suddenly developed a temper tantrum. He stuck his head out the window, looked back at the girl who was now at least 30 feet away, and shouted 'Gweh, a lesbian yuh waan ride wid!'
It's a sad world we live in.
Sad indeed, but what i cant understand is, how can such behaviour be accepted?
Yeah, we've failed ourselves somewhere.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home