Busy doing..
OK, so yesterday i get a text message from UWI saying that i need to verify my account balance. They duly left a number to get in contact with their ever efficient staff, so that i could do just that.
YEAH RIGHT, how gullible do u think i am! Look at my ID number...it starts with 02! Mi kno' unnu haready!
So today i went up to the pretty new building to sort through my affairs. Went to one place they sent me to another, fine i expected it. After waiting 15 mins, with ONE person before me who had not gone as yet, we were both finally called.
THE PROBLEM -JAMVAT (the program paying a third of my school fee) had not paid said balance as yet. So, even though it is on record that I am a part of this program, since the extended deadline they gave me has passed i am at risk of being deregistered, my fault or not.
Sim: OK, but u have the letter i brought in from JAMVAT right, stating that i am not some scabby using their name but they indeed will pay?
"Lady behind the desk": Uh... Uh ...well lets check. I see ur extension...but u will have to go to (where i just came from) to request the letter.
Sim: I was sent back here to get the letter I brought in here a few weeks ago, etc.
Lady #2: And this is where u were sent?
Sim: (No not really i just admire ur building so much i was giving myself the grand tour. Smile Sim) Yes
#2: when exactly did u carry it in?
Sim: (If i could tell u that i might not have needed to be back here) I don't remember.
#2: Well, its going to take a while so u would have to wait
Sim: (To type in my name/ID number and see what comes up??) OK
So being me i proceeded to sit there while she went back to being busy doing nothing and pulled out my notebook to study. Realising that i did not get the hint that it was now 10 to 12 and not giving up on her finding my document, my lovely lady then decided to enter data, turning to me and saying: Well there is a deadline on these things that i really have to finish so could u come back for 2:30 today?
Sim: No i have a class
#2: How about 1:30 then?
Sim: (Convenient how 1:30 is after lunch, this is not going to get done is it?) OK
I then left, went home, got my copy of the letter, stored in my UWI file along with all my receipts for such days as these, ate something from the fridge and brought it back to the first lady.....ALL BEFORE 1 o' clock!! How do i do it? WOW.
#1: I saw u today, didn't I?
Sim: 45 mins ago! Smile. I just brought the letter u wanted.
#1: Well, no i didn't want it, its for the other lady u went to. Didn't u see her? Well, i think she's at Lunch, I'll take it.
Lalalala WHOOSAH Lalalala
Simply because they are all busy doing NOTHING!

3 Comments:
These things make interesting stories...funny even, but only in retrospect. Welcome (again) to the U.W.I.
Yes....welcome to UWI! You have a LONNNNNGGGGGGG way to go but not to worry....you will grow use to the inefficiency. I am on my way out after 7 years ( undergrad and post grad) and trus' mi.....my cyannnnnnnn wait fi lef de!
I love UWI... UWI made me smile...
(Face turns sour suddenly)
... That bunch of asses!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home